Information On Sports Franchises
Everywhere you look in Australia, sport is being played, watched or talked about.
It truly is a country full of sports fanatics and that culture extends into the business world, where sports franchise opportunities are both plentiful and often profitable.
Just to demonstrate how much Australia loves sports, here are a few trends that you might be interested in.
- Over 90 percent of Australian adults have an interest in sport, with over eight million adults and three million children participating each year.
- The Australian Government makes a significant contribution to Australian sport, with over $357 million being invested to supportsport and recreation activities and facilitiesin 2016–17.
- Horse racing is one of the most followed sports in Australia, with major events such as the Melbourne Cup, the Perth Cup and the Brisbane carnival attracting global attention every year
- A study from the Australian Bureau of Statistics found that spending on sport accounted for1.6 percent of total household spending.
- Another study found that 49 percent of children aged 6-to-13 were regular swimmers, while 48 percent played soccer on a regular basis. Cycling, athletics and basketball had participation rates of more than 30 percent, while cricket and netball had participation rates of around 25 percent. Many children participate in more than one sport.
- The Australian Football League and National Rugby League Grand Finals rarely draw fewer than 3 million viewers from around the nation.