Information On Cleaning Franchises
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, over 70 percent of full-time workers in Australia put in weekly shifts of over 40 hours. Thus, it’s not surprising that many people are turning towards cleaning franchises to help them keep on top of their housework.
On top of this, there is also a constant demand from businesses who require cleaning companies to keep their offices, warehouses and factories clean and tidy. Not only that, but the specialised cleaning sector, with more and more niche areas coming to light, is growing constantly.
With that in mind, you can break the cleaning industry down into three distinct categories, which are as follows...
- Commercial cleaning – Commercial cleaning franchise businesses deal with the janitorial services of businesses. These are the companies that organise and implement the cleaning plans of businesses, with their work extending to the likes of warehouses, factories, offices and retail businesses.
- Residential cleaning – Residential cleaning franchises are businesses that tidy and clean people's homes and areas of living, such as apartment blocks. This is an area which is benefits from the Australian workforce working long hours, which leaves workers with little spare time to be cleaning.
- Special cleaning – Special cleaning is an area which focuses on niche and special services, such as dry cleaning.
The following are some extra facts and pieces of information on the cleaning industry, which may help potential franchisees decide whether or not they want to invest in a cleaning franchise business opportunity.
- It is estimated that the commercial cleaning industry takes in around $12bn in revenue each year, with approximately 30,000 businesses working in the sector.
- The standard of service is what maintains businesses, with contract work being the basis of most businesses working within the sector.
- With approximately 10 percent of the total revenue for the commercial cleaning industry coming from the franchise sector, it is clear that many clients turn to franchises when searching for the right cleaning organisation.
- With the environment in mind, many cleaning companies are now moving towards a more sustainable and greener model of cleaning and waste disposal, with the demand for eco-friendly cleaning growing.
- With minimal barriers to entry in terms of qualifications, experience and establishment costs, the cleaning sector is a popular choice for potential franchisees who want to own their own business.
- The advantages of investing in cleaning franchise over starting an independent cleaning company include brand recognition; proven systems and success record; and marketing support. Some cleaning franchises even provide central call center operations, which brings in added revenue, which wouldn't otherwise exist.
Why You Should Consider a Cleaning Franchise Business in Australia
Investing in a franchise is a big step for entrepreneurs, which is why we make it so simple to get started at Franchise Direct. If you're looking for a franchise opportunity in the cleaning services industry, you can buy a franchise for less than $10,000. There are many benefits to starting a cleaning business as a franchise in Australia in 2023.
Controlled Startup Costs
A successful cleaning franchise is a lucrative business venture in Australia that controls your startup costs. Besides the initial investment, you won't have to anticipate costs such as setting up a new location or hiring and training employees. These aspects of the franchise are already established, which is a huge benefit to a new business owner.
A Higher Success Rate
Investing in an Australian cleaning franchise offers a better opportunity for growth and success than starting a brand new business that you must build from the ground up. You're joining an existing network of support and are backed by a credible cleaning industry brand name that customers already trust.
An Established Customer Base
Tying into the high success rate of cleaning franchises in Australia is the previously established customer base. With a brand-new startup business, investors and business owners must spend time and money marketing the company and building trust between the brand and consumers. With a franchise, a level of trust already exists, and the brand name is familiar to the target market.
Consistent Customer Demand
A cleaning service doesn't lose business as trends come and go — professional cleaning services of all kinds are consistently in demand. That's why cleaning franchises are a more reliable investment opportunity than other business types that depend on popularity and fads. It's also a business where it's common to have repeat customers who trust the quality of work and require frequent services on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis.
You'll Quickly Recover Your Initial Investment
Although spending anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000+ on startup costs may seem like a significant investment, the level of reliability in cleaning franchises means franchisees can expect to recoup that investment fast. Once the business is up and running, the overhead costs are low, and demand is steady, so the initial investment returns quickly.
For more information on any of our cleaning franchise opportunities listed above, simply click the box attached to any of the businesses list and request further information.