Information On Real Estate & Property Franchises
The real estate industry has always been a popular destination for franchisees looking to maximize their initial outlay.
Property prices in Australia were consistently growing up until 2017, with low interest rates combining with high demand in urban hubs and tax incentives, which helped to causea booming property market.
The market has settled since, but nonetheless, there are still plenty of people buying property in Australia and thus, it is an area that can be very lucrative for investors.
Here are a few facts and trends about the industry.
- According to IBISWorld, the real estate franchise industry is a multi-billion-dollar sector which employs over 65,000 people.
- Properties in Sydney and Melbourne account for 40 percent of the total number of properties in Australia, and 60 percent in terms of value.
- Sydney is the biggest and the most expensive city in Australia.
- In 2018, the median house prices in Sydney dropped by around 6.5 percent over the year, compared to 2017.
- The median price for a property in Sydney at the start of 2019 was $840,000, $665,000 in Melbourne and $490,000 in Brisbane.
If you would like to hear more about real estate & property franchise opportunities in Australia, contact Franchise Direct now.