Information On Travel & Tourism Franchises
Tourism and Australia go hand in hand.
Whether that be the millions of international visitors who touch down in this beautiful country’s sandy shores every year, or the Aussies who travel far and wide, using local travel companies to help guide their journey.
It is not surprising to see that Australia’s tourism industry is one of the strongest anywhere in the world, contributing close to $50bn to the annual GDP.
Here are some facts and figures about the sector.
- Over eight million international visitors arrive in Australia annually, with New Zealand being the number one country that these visitors come from.
- The most popular province for international visitors is New South Wales.
- 1.25m outbound tourists leave from Australia each year.
- Many of the franchise opportunities that appear within the travel and tourism industry are boosted by Australia’s international backpacking community.
- In 2017 alone, almost 650,000 backpackers visited Australia, with Sydney being the most popular location for this type of visitor.
- Australia has far too many attractions to name them all. However, the likes of Fraser Island (which is considered to be the largest sand island in the world), The Great Barrier Reef, the Tasmanian Wilderness and of course, Australia's many amazing beaches, have all proven to be popular with tourists.
If you would like to hear more about franchise opportunities within this sector, contact Franchise Direct now.